- 2 c flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 c sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 c milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 c water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa.
- Then stir in the melted butter, milk and vanilla.
- Spread the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 qt pan. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the dry topping ingredients (sugar, brown sugar, salt and cocoa).
- Sprinkle on top of the batter; do not stir.
- Pour the boiling water on top; do not stir.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the cake is almost set. The cake will rise to the top and a pudding will form on the bottom.
- Serve warm with ice cream.